Basically everyone this is just a fancy way of saying alfredo. Which for me it was great which explains why I was sitting at the dinner table eating it pretty much alone. Souli and Brev were not big fans, but I throughly enjoyed it. So for those of you who like alfredo this will be good, those of you who don't I suggest stop reading right now. I made this without meat, but I think you could add chicken and it would have been even better more expensive but probably better. Teri and Jenny with your husbands I think that would be a must. So for all of you fettucine alfredo lovers you will love this.
4 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 stalk celery, finely diced
2 cups milk
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Hot cooked linguine noodles
Melt butter. Saute onions and celery until onions start to brown. Stir flour into butter and onions until a smooth paste forms. Slowly stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Add salt, garlic powder, and cream, and continue cooking and stirring until thickened and bubbly. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Serve over hot cooked linguine or fettuccini noodles.
It also said you could make it in a more seafood sauce. Follow the recipe above, but add 4 green onions, chopped. (Do not saute the onions.) Add 1 6 1/2 oz. can minced clams, undrained, to the milk, garlic powder, and salt. Cook as directed. Serve over hot noodles. I think you could also add shrimp too. Enjoy, it was a good really cheap dinner. I enjoyed it, even though no one else did.
By Ashley
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ash you crack me up, nobody liked it but you, if only I was eating over with you I would have loved it. Alfredo is my favorite, I will definitely be making this one. The one time I made alfredo Eric said this is good but it would be really good with chicken, so I better make mine with chicken. On another note Ter I am making your dutch oven chicken tommorow.
ReplyDeleteBig fan of alfredo...and I prefer no meat. However you know my hubby, no meat...no eat!
ReplyDeleteThat looks way good to me alfredo is the best.. But, yet again none of my family would eat that... This blog is making my realize how fussy they all really are!
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy!!!
ReplyDelete