Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dutch Oven Chicken


I absolutely LOVE dutch oven cooking. I am obviously not much of a camper so I rarely get to enjoy this kind of food. I saw this recipe and just had to try it out. I was so pleasantly surprised at how much this resembles the "real" thing. Mom, I really felt like I was eating Dean's yummy dutch oven chicken. Sitting around outside on the little tables, sprinkling my cheese on top, getting my plastic silverware out of your little tupperware thing. Only difference was I had just showered and was in the comfort of my own home. Best of both world's!

8 chicken tenders
2 chicken bouillon cubes
3/4 bag baby carrots
4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 onion, chopped
salt and pepper
2 cans cream of mushroom
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk

Place chicken in crockpot with 1/4 cup water and chicken bouillon. Add remaining ingredients in order given. Cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 7-8 hours.

Tam, goes great with ketchup. Trust me, that is how Carson ate it. Only don't stick your fork in ketchup, then into your milk glass, stir it around and start drink. What a little sicko....milk with chunks of ketchup. I about died.
By Teri

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to make that. It looks delicious. Nice Carson that sounds digusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that look heavenly...I would like you to invite me over next time "YOU" cook this. Thanks for the tip about the ketchup, I'm sure it makes it that much better. Just love all these recipes girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one looks great I will be trying it next week for sure. That is so nasty Carson, sounds like Luke eating spoonfuls of sour cream, what are these boys thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks way good! I will have to try that one out too. Thanks for all the good ideas and the pictures really help them look all the better.

    ReplyDelete