This is the first recipe made out of my new cookbook "Family Dinner Cookbook" from the Mormon Pantry. I absolutely love this cookbook. I have read, and re-read it every night this week. Full of simple, fast and not a ton of ingredients meals. Just good old fashioned cooking. Love it.
4 cups cooked rice
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 T chicken bouillon
1 cup water
1/4 tsp. paprika
1 can cream of chicken
2 cups milk
Grated cheddar cheese
Chow mein noodles
Choice of toppings:
onions, celery, tomatoes, olives,
pineapple, mandarin oranges, peas etc.
Boil and cook chicken. Cube and set aside. Bring water and bouillon to boil. Sprinkle with paprika. Add chicken. Stir soup and milk into chicken broth. Constantly stir until warmed through. Layer haystacks with rice, noodles, gravy, cheese and other toppings.
By Teri
That was a great cookbook I am regretting not buying one myself. Next I want you to try the orange chicken, I am dying for that one.
ReplyDeleteI tried that before and I thought it wasn't very good not enough flavor.
ReplyDeleteGood job with the new blog. I love the background and it will be fun to try everything.
ReplyDeleteI love those I wonder if Souli would like them. I'm going to love this blog. I'm always wanting new recipes. I'm tired of the same boring stuff.
ReplyDelete