Thursday, June 11, 2009

Apple Fritters


The Maiden Voyage: Our very first post on our new recipe blog, I am so honored---
This weekend was rainy and cold we had visitors (Cano's staying with us). Cold weather, company, Sunday evening it is just screaming bake something to me, so we did. Apple Fritters to be exact, these would be particularly wonderful on an Autumn evening but an early summer evening wasn't too bad either. If you like apple pie, but hate all the work that goes into it, this recipe is a winner, it was so easy but looked so impressive straight from the oven. Enjoy it!!
Apple Fritters
1 sheet puff pastry (thaw for 45 minutes on kitchen counter before using), cut in thirds
3-4 granny smith apples, cored and sliced thinly, don't peel
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
that's it!!
Preheat oven to 415
Place puff pastry rectangles on to a greased cookie sheet.
Place apple slices into a bowl, and toss a little lemon juice in to keep them fresh, add brown sugar and salt and toss to coat. Let them sit a minute to absorb all the gooey goodness.
Arrange apple slices on pasty in a straight line overlapping them a bit, continue with all three pastry rectangles.
Bake 18-20 minutes and remove immediately from cookie sheet onto a serving dish, so the pastry will not get soggy.
I sprinkled mine with powder sugar and served with vanilla ice cream, it was delicious!
by Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum it was so delicious. I had second helpings but really wanted thirds, but I didn't dare. Didn't want you and Eric to think I was a pig, although we all know I am.

    ReplyDelete