I have one favorite dessert at Applebee's every time I go I get the Maple Butter Blondie, it is to die for I crave it like nothing else. So I think I have died and gone to Jenny heaven with this recipe. It doesn't exactly taste like the blondie at Applebee's but it is just as delecious. Cinnamon, ginger and cloves are just delightful spices so it's a pretty safe bet that if a recipe calls for them I will love it. These little bars would be great for a BBQ or family reunion in the summer, but I think they would make a really spectacular Fall treat as well. Whenever you make them they will be delecious that is for sure!
2 3/4 cup plus 2 T flour
1 1/4 t baking soda
1 1/4 t salt
1 1/4 t ground cinnamon
1 t ground ginger
1/4 t ground cloves
1 1/4 cups butter, room temp.
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 T sugar
2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1/3 cup unsulfured molasses
1 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/4 t vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Whisk together flour, soda, salt and spices in a bowl.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium-high speed until creamy. Add eggs and yolk one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl with a spatula as needed. Add vanilla and molasses and mix on medium speed until combined.
Add flour mixture on low speed until combined. Stir in white chips.
Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake until golden around edges and toothpick comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes (mine took the full 30). Let cool completely in pan, cut into squares and enjoy!
We put vanilla ice cream and carmel topping on ours and it was wonderful but I would really love some kind of buttery vanilla sauce similar to Applebee's to pour on top. Anyone have a recipe for that sort of thing I would love to hear it.....
By Jenny
Looks delicious...I have never tried the dessert from Applebees but I'm sure this is better...pretty picture of it.
ReplyDeleteThey were just as delicious as they sound. I even had an end piece.
ReplyDelete