Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cheese Swirls


Found this recipe on the back of a puff pasty box, adapted it a little mostly just using what I already had on hand. These go great with pasta, soups and stews an easy little side to go along with dinner.
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed on counter for 40 minutes
1 egg
1 T water
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/8 t garlic powder
Preheat oven to 400.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl whisk egg and water together and spread over surface of pastry sheet.
In a medium bowl combine Parmesan, cheddar and garlic powder, sprinkle evenly over pastry.
Roll up starting with short side jelly roll style and cut into slices about 9 or 10.
Place on baking sheet cut side down, and spread egg water mixture over the tops one more time.
Bake for 15 minutes.
By Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Those look good. One of those things I would eat like 10. Souli would it zero. I will try them anyways though.

    ReplyDelete