Friday, September 11, 2009

Pink Lemonade Ice Milk Cake

Okay girls we are letting this poor blog down, time to step it up a notch, and get cooking!!!!



My new favorite dessert try this and you won't be disappointed, of all the recipes I have posted on this blog this has been my favorite, really I could eat half of this by myself in one setting, I practically did 5 pieces on a Sunday afternoon. PLEASE PLEASE try this one before this warm weather leaves us behind for good and we are baking pumpkin cookies and apple crisp. Say goodbye to those strawberries with this little piece of heaven!

1 (16-ounce) round angel food cake
3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon frozen pink lemonade concentrate, still frozen
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1. Slice cake horizontally into 3 layers; set aside.
2. Combine ice cream, lemonade concentrate, and strawberries; stir well.
3 Place bottom layer of angel food cake in an 8-inch tube pan; spread half of ice mixture over cake, and top with middle layer of cake. Freeze 30 minutes. Spread remaining ice cream mixture over middle layer of cake, and top with remaining cake layer. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Slice into wedges.

By Jenny

2 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds so divine. Funny thing I just barely noticed your post on the regular blog about your Sunday meal. I don't know how I missed that, but I did. This blog has been a little neglected, hopefully things will start slowing down now that summer is over and we can get back on track. Although for me I think things are just going to get crazier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just looks heavenly...definately going to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete