Friday, July 3, 2009

Golden Chex Mix



I know we have all had this, but maybe some of you out there don't have the recipe. I have been a slacker in the new recipe department lately so this is all you get from me for this week.

3/4 box golden grahams
1/2 box rice chex
1 cube butter
1 cup Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup coconut
1 7 oz bag of slivered almonds

Melt butter, karo syrup, and sugar in medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to slow boil and let roll for 2 min. Mix cereals in bowl and poor mixture over top. Carefully stir in until cereal is coated. When slightly cooled add almonds and coconut.

Just a fun little tip, you could add colored M & M's to the mixture depending on the season and holiday. I meant to add red and blue to mine to jazz it up for the fourth. However I forgot. Would have been pretty cute though right.

Jen and Ash this mixture is coming your way tomorrow. Tam and Jill, love you and will miss you tomorrow.
By Teri

5 comments:

  1. Looks good Ter, I can't believe you forgot the m & m's!! And all that food in my 365 is coming your way in about 5 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited. This will be a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you all having a barbeque tonight without me? Thanks for the invite!!! I love this mix it is so good I need to make me some...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No silly, we didn't have a bbq. I took that swimming....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, do I ever want some of that too. Could you please make me some????

    ReplyDelete