Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oatmeal Sandwich Cremes

I realize girls its been awhile since I actually made these, but I thought you would all want the recipe. Since I think you all liked them so here it goes.

1 cup butter, softened

3 cups brown sugar

4 eggs

2 tsp. cinnamon

1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg

1 tsp. baking soda

3 cups flour

3 cups quick oats

Filling:

2 egg whites

2 tsp. vanilla

4 Tbsp. milk

4 cups powdered sugar

1 cup butter, softened

Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookies sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake.

Filling: Beat egg whites. Add vanilla, milk, butter, and 2 cups powdered sugar. Beat thoroughly. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix well. Spread filling over one cookie and top with another cookie.

By Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Not sure why my spacing is so weird. If someone wouldn't mind fixing that for me or just leave it. Even though it looks stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did love these but I had forgotten about them I am so glad you posted it. I need a new cookie recipe sometimes M&M just gets old you know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've been waiting for this one. I'll put Stevie right on it. Hey, after I commented on your post I pushed the button before I finished my thought...last sentence was to be, and she is beautiful on the inside so the hair is just an added bonus. I don't want to to add another comment, I'd look like an idiot. That's why I have a hard time commenting on public posts. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete