One of the Smith's family tried and true recipes, from the archives of our early newlywed years. I discovered this recipe on Pampered Chef's website our very first year of marriage. I do believe this is one of the first meals that Eric raved over and it has been a heavy favorite ever since, try this one I insist, I just can't imagine anyone not loving it like we do!
1 medium green bell pepper
1 medium red bell pepper
fully cooked grilled chicken strips (ready to serve), I have grilled my own chicken and honestly the store bought stuff tastes better to me for this recipe and ten times easier)
2 t vegetable oil, divided
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup salsa
flour tortillas, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cheese whatever else you desire
1. Cut bell peppers into strips.
2. Heat skilled over medium-high heat. Add 1 t oil and chicken. Stir fry 3-4 minutes until chicken is warmed, add remaining oil, bell peppers, and garlic stir fry 1-2 minutes until vegetables are crisp/tender.
3. Add soup mix, water and salsa to mixture, cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
4. Place chicken in tortillas and serve with toppings.
This is a great one!
By Jenny
Sound good I love stuff like. I would have thought I would have gotten that one when I went through your recipe box. Must have missed it. I will try it out.
ReplyDeleteYum, I will have to really try this one...I love mexican food.
ReplyDeleteOk, I used to make this and hating dealing with the chicken. Now that you have given me this wonderful little tip, I will start back up. See why I love this blog.
ReplyDeleteThat looks good, I get my fajitas already made from Smiths meat counter. I am lazy I know but try them sometime they are way good and it is really cheap for a meal already done.
ReplyDelete